Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Show Will Start on Time; Will I Be There?

The Loews theater chain has announced that they will start publishing the actual start time of the featured movie in addition to the start time for trailers and commercials. The increased number and length of pre-feature clutter (albeit frequently entertaining clutter) necessitated this move. If the theaters didn't do it themselves, there was rumbling that Congress might do it for them; after all, such legislation would provide a welcome distraction from the real business of government as the steroids scandal subsides.

Still, I regret this move somewhat. I am late to arrive everywhere, including to the movies. The commercials and trailers provide a welcome buffer for me. I anticipate that I will, now knowing the true start time, miss the opening scenes of more films than I do currently (an already impressive number).

the relevant link

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?