Monday, November 29, 2004

A Backup Solution for Idiots

It wasn't too long ago that I backed up all my schoolwork on 3.5" floppy disks. Not the most elegant solution but it worked. Now though, I have - in addition to my Word documents - digital photos, videos, spreadsheets and a couple hundred megabytes worth of email (pretty much every non-junk email that I've received or sent since 1998, actually). That takes up a lot of space and I want to keep a good backup without a hassle.

I'd bet that my situation is pretty common now. That's why I'm convinced that Mirra is a product who's time has come. It's a simple backup solution that sits on your network and constantly backs up all your files with a minimum of effort required. It also has some handy features such as saving multiple versions of documents so you can revert to a prior version and enabling remote internet access to your files.

They're still a little pricey (the 80gb version is $399) but, on the whole, reasonable and I'm sure the price will come down soon.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?